This picture below is titled the KFC maggot because that little fellow showed up in the KFC bag of leftovers that was tossed in the corner.
Maggots suddenly appear from just about anywhere...dropping from the ceiling, crawling on the floor, out of cracks, even on a wound on your pet cat or dog, or on your sheep, and even on humans. These rice like wriggling creatures are nasty, upsetting, vile, and another thousand words that describe things that we humans don't want around.
Maggots can do good things sometimes, but not in the normal sense of the word. People just want them gone...and don't want to see them any more. To learn about them, read our page that tells you all about them in a few quick words.
Maggots are so hated and so not tolerated, that people have come up with many different and often unique ways to get rid of maggots and many ways to kill maggots.
The purpose of this article is to report to you the many ways we have found on the internet that people have claimed to use to successfully kill maggots. We do not tell you here about how to prevent maggots.
To learn about preventing maggots in the first place, click here.
Some of these ways listed below to get rid of maggots or to kill maggots that you are already living with, carry a degree of danger with using them. These are things that others have said will do the job. We do not know if that is true or not and it is up to you to decide whether to use a technique or not.
Here is the list.
1. Vacuum the maggots and put the maggots in a sealed plastic bag and trash them.
2. Pour straight bleach on the maggots.
3. Drown the maggots in water, gasoline, kerosene, oil or other fluid.
4. Flush the maggots down the toilet.
5. Step on and crush the maggots.
6. Pour boiling water on the maggots.
7. Burn the maggots with lighter fluid, gasoline, or a butane or blow torch flame.
8. Spray carburetor cleaner on the maggots.
9. Feed the maggots to your pet fish.
10. Guinea hens and chickens love to dine on maggots. Give them a treat.
11. Mix hot water and disinfectant like Pine sol and do it to the maggots.
12. Spray the maggots with hair spray.
13. Pour diesel fuel on the maggots.
14. Use any pesticide on maggots...spray, bomb, powder...containing PERMETHRIN.
15. Freeze the maggots in a sealed plastic bag, then trash them.
16. Expose the maggots to the direct sun.
17. Spray the maggots with brake cleaner.
18. Pour powdered lime on the maggots.
19. Pour lice shampoo on the maggots.
20. Pour toilet bowl cleaner on the maggots.
21. Spray topical anesthetic on the maggots to freeze them.
22. Direct the steam from your iron or steam carpet cleaner onto the maggots.
23. Drown the maggots in Pledge.
23. Spray antiperspirant on the maggots.
24. Pour Borax on the maggots to dry them out.
25. Pour oven cleaner on the maggots.
26. Use a paper napkin and squish each one until it pops.
27. Spray wax and grease remover on the maggots.
28. Spray spot remover on the maggots.
29. Deep fry and eat the maggots. Click here to see this unusual dish in living color.
30. Be creative. There must be a 30th way to get rid of maggots or kill maggots.
Send us an email about it.
Need a good book to read about maggots?