Cougar (Puma) and Mountain Lion
Big cats that are very dangerous.
The best advice is: CALL A ANIMAL CONTROL OFFICER
But if you want to solve your own problem:
- Shoot the animal. Just do it safely and legally.
- Trap the cat. Use a live trap. Leg hold traps are illegal. Where do you get a trap that is big enough for one of these cats. Search on the internet.
OK...now you have it in the live trap. What do you do with it.
- Shoot it in the trap? Then take it to a taxidermist?
- Relocate it? But where to?
- You should have called the Animal Control Officer.
For the complete list of pests with pictures, and solutions, on this 500 page website, please click the A to Z link.