Deer are fun to watch...
but deer destroy new growth garden plants and other greens so fast...they are a bad garden pest.
But you already know it because you are at this yard and garden pest control site.
So here are your choices to deal with deer.
>>>>Select the easiest for you and your wallet<<<
SHOOT THE DEER: It stops the problem, but be certain it is legal and safe to do it.
REPEL DEER WITH ORGANIC SMELLS:
- Put smelly stuff on plants: Soaps, rotten eggs, lots of other kinds sold in stores locally.
- Nearby areas: Your urine on rags, bags of human hair often do the trick.
FENCE THE DEER OUT: Deer can jump over a 6 ft fence but not 8 ft.
- Cover your plants with netting: This can stop the deer's ability to graze.
- Permanent fencing: Make it tall, use wire, but this can be ugly and expensive. Visit a local fence dealer to get a quote or do it yourself.
- Temporary plastic fencing: A less expensive option that can be removed, comes in many color options, and is easy to put up and take down. Buy it locally.
- Get an electric fence and bait it: Electrify your fence. Put peanut butter on it to attracts them. Then the deer's nose gets zapped, and the deer learn to stay away.
- Hide your fence along the wood line: If the fence is hidden in the trees, your yard won't look so bad and the deer will be kept out. This is the winning tactic used by homeowners with big expensive homes to keep the deer from their expensive ornamental shrubs.
SCARE THE DEER WITH OTHER ANIMALS:
- Use wireless fencing: A buried electric dog fence lets dogs chase the deer out but the dog stays in your yard.
- Use penned animals: A pig pen nearby is often effective.
- Use tethered animals: Dogs tied at the end of the garden will keep deer at bay.
SCARE THE DEER WITH NOISE:
- Cannons shooting, a radio blaring, a motion detector sprinkler turning on and scaring them with spraying water, strobe lights, sirens, but your neighbor may not be happy about it. These items and other alternatives are available locally as well as on the internet.
STOP FEEDING THE DEER:....if you want the deer gone.
BUY PROFESSIONAL SERVICE TO GET RID OF DEER: If you are unable or unwilling to solve this deer problem yourself, locate a local professional pest control specialist in the phone directory or get contact information from any of the internet pest control websites.