Big bears with little bears...a very very serious problem.
If they are visiting you and have become a serious pest, consider doing the things below very seriously and even consider getting a professional to catch and relocate the bears if your prevention efforts fail.
IF YOU HAVE BEARS, BIG BEARS AND LITTLE BEARS... ARRIVING AT ALL HOURS:
- STOP FEEDING THE BEARS
- Keep your garbage cans inside the house or in a bear proof dumpster.
- Do not leave food, seed, or anything bears can eat outside overnight.
- Move compost piles with food far from the house.
- Close shed and garage doors with bear proof latches.
- Close the windows in your car tightly to the roof when you are not using it.
- NOISE: Loud noises activated by a motion detector will frighten bears until the bears get used to it.
- ELECTRIC FENCES: They often work but a determined bear can knock them down fast.
- BEAR TRAPPING: Leave it to the professionals. It is not a do it yourself project.
- BEAR SHOOTING: Only if it is legal and you have a big gun. Not a job for amateurs.
- BEAR POISONING: There is no approved poison for bears.
If you have the smallest doubt or concern about your safety, call a professional trapper or your local Police department and let them solve this pest problem.