The many brands of traps available will boggle your mind. But the basic traps fall into these categories.
Some traps are for specific animal and some traps can be used for many different animals.
Kill Traps: Some traps are designed to kill the animal fast, others do it slowly and are considered by some to be inhumane.
Live Traps or Humane Traps: Other traps are humane and are called live traps because they allow you to relocate the pest or take the live animal to the animal control officer to do with it as they wish...out of your sight.
1. Leg Hold Trap: A live trap that restrains the animal.
2. Body Grip Trap: A kill trap that crushes the neck of the animal.
3. Closed Box Trap: A live trap. Same options as open box traps but with solid sides.
4. Open Box Trap: A live trap. Wire mesh. Single Door or Double Door or Door on Top; You can get dividers and covers for transport. Small, Medium and Large and Huge sizes. Also special designs for birds.
5. Snare Trap: A live trap that restrains the animal.
6. Spear/Scissor Trap: A kill trap for moles.
7. Barrel Trap: A live trap. Small for skunks to large for bear. Solid sides.
8. Suit Case Trap: A kill trap. Used for water animals.
9. Net Trap: A live trap. Many different kinds.
10. Snap Trap: A kill trap. Small for mice and large for rats.
11. Bucket Trap: A kill trap. Fill container with oil or water 1/2 full, the animal jumps in and drowns.
12. Dead Fall Trap: A kill trap. A tree or rock is set up to fall on the animal.
13. Sticky Traps: A live trap. Glue traps or sticky traps detain the animal for you so you can solve your problem.